Tuesday, August 4, 2009

almost, barely ready

I'm not ready just yet to open up the etsy shop...still prepping and thinking and prepping and thinking some more. One thing I told myself before I began making paper goods is that I will not let this consume me to the point where it affects my daytime job. After all, that's what allows me to do what I want to do with parywinklepaper. But, here I am saying this 3 minutes before midnight before an 8am training I cannot be late for tomorrow. :)

After years of being in love with even the smell of paper, I decided to jump into my own small business in making paper goods. Where will it take me? Who knows...and hardly matters. I love the love and affection behind exchanging cards and letters. We are so comfortable in sending texts and emails these days - the instant gratification we are fed everyday makes us forget how wonderful a simple card makes us all feel. A personal card can make anyone's day better. That's the motivation behind parywinklepaper. All the goodies are hand made with my Gocco, the fabulous screen-print tool.

This is the first entry of this new blog, but there have been lots of activity in parywinklepaper these last couple of weeks. Here is a sneak peak at what is to come in the Etsy store soon...

Hope to see you in the store soon then! Until then - cheers!

1 comment:

  1. these are so cute. i am so happy that you are able to use your talent since you enjoy making these cards so much. good luck!

    ReplyDelete